Recipe by cookiedog
A Nigerian recipe From Simbo Fowora posted for ZWT 4.
Top Review by Tulip-Fairy
Made this for lunch today, followed the recipe but added some red chillis at stage 1, then added some diced leftover chicken at stage 4. This was a great rice dish, the additon of chili just gave it a spicy kick, the chicken turned it from a side dish to a lunch time meal!
- 1 lb parboiled rice
- 1 (400 g) can tomato puree
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 small red bell peppers or 3 large red bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 bunch thyme, leaves picked
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 chicken bouillon cubes (recommended ( Maggi or Goya)
Directions See How It's Made
- With blender, blend tomatoes, onions, red pepper, and garlic until smooth. Add bouillon cubes, thyme and white pepper.
- Add olive oil to the blended paste, and set the mixture aside. Add 4 cups of water into a pot.
- Wash the rice in hot water until the water is clear. Drain through a fine sieve.
- Pour the rice and blended mixture into the pot of water and stir with wooden spoon. Set the stove to medium heat and place pot on stove, then let it cook for 45 minutes while stirring every 15 minutes.