Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A simple, super tasty chicken entree. A co-worker gave me this recipe months ago, and when I finally made it, my husband insisted it become one of our regular dinners.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese (or pepper jack)
- 1 (7 ounce) can whole green chilies ("Ortega")
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package Jiffy corn muffin mix
- paprika or chili powder
- Pound chicken breasts until they are fairly flat.
- Cut cheese into four 1/2-inch logs, with length equal to the width of the chicken breasts.
- Slice four chilies lengthwise, into 1/2-inch wide strips.
- Whisk milk and egg together in a bowl.
- Place one cheese log and one chili (sliced in strips) at the end of each chicken breast and roll them up.
- Dip each rolled chicken breast into the egg mixture, then coat it well with the corn muffin mix.
- Place the coated chicken breasts in a 8-inch-square glass cake pan; top with salt, pepper, paprika and/or chili powder as desired.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes at 450 degrees, until chicken is done.