Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was a favorite of my Mom's....We kids liked to dip Ruffles potato chips in this, but my Mom used to spread it on buttery crackers...Usually, after a party (specifically Kentucky Derby parties), the next day I'd see my Mom spooning this onto a little plate and eating it just by itself! So tasty....So fresh!!! YUM!
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream (I prefer sour cream) or 1⁄2 pint yogurt (I prefer sour cream)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and finely chopped (approxmately 1 1/2 cups)
- green food coloring
- Mix sour cream with cream cheese. Add vinegar, celery salt, chives, and 1-2 drops food coloring.
- Fold in the finely chopped cucumber.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
Fantastic dip! I made this as indicated (but used 1/2 sour cream, 1/2 yogurt) at the same time as Stacy's Crock Pot Taco Dip for the Cook-a-thon in our dear friend's memory. Both dips are delicious, and even go very well together on the same tortilla chip. I can see Jolean sneaking some of this out of the fridge... mostly because I can see myself doing the same! It really is refreshing and versatile enough to use in a variety of ways. I'm thinking with some fish tonight. Better yet, right now on a spoon! Many thanks to Jolean and her daughter, one of the brightest lights not only here at zaar, but in all the world. XOXO