1/3 Photos of Jolean's K-Sandwiches (Exceptional Tuna Melts)
Don't know why my Mom called these K-sandwiches, but my sisters and I still use this recipe to this day, and it's always been a favorite in our households...I think you'll be most pleasantly suprised!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/4 lb Velveeta cheese, cut in cubes
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's preferably)
- 3 tablespoons sweet relish, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green olives
- 10 hot dog buns, cut in halves
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- 3Spoon a generous amount of the tuna mixture onto the bottom half of the hot dog buns and cover with the top half. Cut the filled sandwich buns in half.
- 4Wrap each full sandwich bun (both halves) in foil.
- 5Place on cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- 6YUM! Cheese melts perfectly every time!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jolean's K-Sandwiches (Exceptional Tuna Melts)
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.6
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 136.7 mg
- Sodium 908.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 19.8 g