1/1 Photo of Jolean's Hominy and Sausage
This was one of those staple meals that Mom came up with when funds were low...It's just simple, cheap, comort food and it's the only way my siblings and I would ever eat hominy...I still love it! (NOTE: I add 1 tsp. parsley flakes to it when I season with salt & pepper, but that's not part of the original recipe...AND, I prefer to use Sage flavored sausage.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, brown the sausage and cut into chunks. Remove sausage and drain grease but leave drippings in the pan.
- 2Saute onion and garlic in butter in the same pan with the sausage drippings. Add hominy and cook over medium heat stirring frequently, until heated through. Sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste.
- 3Add sausage back to the skillet for about 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently until heated through.
- 4Serve with big, fluffy biscuits with butter and honey! YUM!
- 5Oh, just a NOTE: My brother and my Dad always mixed in some catsup with theirs -- I used to put some on the side and dip the sausage into it -- Mom didn't care much for that when we added catsup, though! LOL!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jolean's Hominy and Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 582.3
- Calories from Fat 390
- Total Fat 43.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 114.2 mg
- Sodium 1268.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 25.0 g