Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was one of my Mom's favorite "snackies" during the day while we were all at school...I used to love it too, and it was really refreshing! I've seen similar recipes to this one, but none exactly the same...This one is the best, in my opinion. :) Posting with the Scandinavian recipes for Zaar World Tour II.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, pared, de-seeded and cut
- 1 dash paprika
- Finely mince the garlic in the salt.
- Combine in a bowl with sour cream, vinegar and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Add pared cucumbers and toss lightly.
- Top with paprika and Chill for 1-2 hours.
When I got my first cookbook when I got married back in 1970, this was one of the 1st things I made. Loved it then & love it now!! Just slice the peeled cukes really thin-no need to deseed. Chives are very good in this alsoYummy!
This is a very good and easy salad for summer it is a good side for fish of any kind. I added a dash of lemon grass out of a tube(not dried). I like the taste of it. Thanks for posting.
I usually just chuck cucumber in a green salad, so this was a real change for us. The sour cream dressing has a lovely clean and refreshing taste. I'd only got half a cucumber so quartered the recipe and this made enough for the two of us.