1/2 Photos of Jolean's Crock Pot Old World Sauerkraut Supper
8 hrs 15 mins
This is a German recipe that my Mom made for us every New Year's Day. Although my siblings didn't care for sauerkraut, Mom INSISTED that we eat pork & sauerkraut for good luck on New Year's Day back in the 70's. Well, this is the recipe that we ALL loved, and I handed it down to my kids as well...A true tradition in my family, and a recipe that I found in one of Mom's Crock Pot Cookbooks from 1970, but tweaked just a bit so we all would like it! Truly yummy, totally filling, and the switch-up she made to using "Bavarian" sauerkraut makes all the difference in taste! Both of my ex-DH's love this recipe and brag about it to other people to this day...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry bacon until crisp. Drain (reserving drippings in pan) and break into small pieces. Add flour to the bacon drippings and blend well until slightly golden brown.
- 2Stir in sauerkraut (and liquid from 1 can). Mix well and saute for 5 minutes.
- 3Place sauerkraut mixture, crumbled bacon and sausage pieces in crock pot.
- 4Add all other ingredients. Mix together thoroughly.
- 5Cover and cook on Low 7 to 9 hours.
- 6Salt & pepper to taste, but you may not need it!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jolean's Crock Pot Old World Sauerkraut Supper
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.1
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 59.2 mg
- Sodium 2144.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 21.2 g