My mom rarely cooked us breakfast, but when we had company she went "all out". This is a very simple recipe. There are probably lots of similar ones out there, but this one is dear to my heart because it was TRULY a "special occasion" whenever my mom made this. I still love it to this day, although I've embellished it plenty from time to time--YUM! Note for Zaar World Tour II: Frittatas are Italian in origin.
- Fry bacon until crisp, then remove strips and drain. Crumble bacon.
- Whisk all other ingredients together except cheese, and pour into an 8x8-inch greased glass pan.
- Sprinkle bacon and cheese evenly over top.
- Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 20 minutes, watching so that it does not get too brown.
- Garnish with chopped, fresh parsley.
- I serve it with Pillsbury crescent rolls, butter and honey.