Recipe by Stacky5
This is what I call awesome home cooking...My Mom used to make this and we'd all be dying just smelling how wonderful it was going to be while it was cooking! My Mom was a gifted cook, and this recipe just might prove it...YUM!
Top Review by bad kitty 1116
This was delicious! It was very much enjoyed by the whole family. I used Tinkerbelle's suggestion and served it over spaghetti noodles with garlic cheesy bread on the side. I topped the spaghetti with shredded cheddar cheese.....it was sooooo good. I added a tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, a bay leaf, and a teaspoon each of dried oregano and basil and some fresh cracked black pepper and a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes to the recipe.I will use this for chili spaghetti all the time! R.I.P. Stacey, thanks for posting all these treasured wonderful recipes!
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (10 ounce) cansliced button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in frying pan and partially cook onion, green pepper, celery and garlic. Push to the side.
- Add ground chuck and brown. Chop into large chunks, and then drain grease.
- Dump cooked meat mixture and all other ingredients (except kidney beans) into crock pot and mix well.
- Cook on HIGH for 1 hour, then turn on LOW for 4 hours. Add red kidney beans during last 15 minutes of cooking.