I've seen and tried MANY of these similar casseroles, but somehow none of them quite match the flavor of this one! My Mom tweaked it to her own taste, and it has stood the test of time! An honest and true favorite in my family for 2 generations now, I can tell you that this one is IT! :)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 226.79 g package frozen broccoli florets
- 226.79 g pepperidge farm herb seasoned stuffing mix (Blue package)
- 118.29 ml oleo, melted
- 297.66 g can cream of chicken soup
- 177.44 ml Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml broccoli juice (reserved from cooking the broccoli)
- 4.92 ml lemon juice (heaping)
- 9.85 ml salt
- In a large pan, cover chicken breasts with water, add 2 teaspoons salt and seasonings. Bring to a boil and simmer 1 hour. Let cool and break into large pieces.
- Cook frozen broccoli as per directions, reserving 1/4 cup of liquid.
- In a large casserole dish, layer 1/2 chicken pieces, then all of the cooked broccoli, then layer the rest of the chicken pieces.
- Mix soup, mayonnaise, broccoli juice and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Pour soup mix over chicken & broccoli and poke through to make sure it seeps throughout the casserole.
- Mix stuffing in melted oleo and cover top of casserole with it.
- Bake COVERED at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer to brown the top.