Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This was one of my Mom's best-known dishes. She always brought this one to all of my Girlscout & PTA potlucks, and undoubtedly she would be writing down this recipe for many requestors when I was just trying to GO HOME!!! Although it aggrivated me to no end that her recipe was so popular (when I was little), I'm also thankful that I have the pleasure of sharing her hand-written recipe with my friends now...
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into 6 even slices (pats)
- Combine softened cream cheese and mashed potatoes, blending well.
- Add remaining ingredients (except for butter) and mix well.
- Spread in 1 quart casserole.
- Add pats of butter on top, evenly distributed.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
These were great! We loved the flavor combo. I made them to go along with fried chicken for dinner. I prepared them early in the day and popped them into the oven before dinner. It worked out perfectly! Thanks so much for posting!!
Want a delicious, but a little bit different potato dish tonight? Try this! It's a well written recipe with easy to follow instructions. I sucessfully cut it in half since there was just two of us eating it. I used refrigerated garlic, so I used double the amount. I also used roasted red peppers from a jar rather than pimentos. It took exactly 40 minutes to bake in my oven. This is a delicious and flavorful potatoe dish. I think this will be good to make ahead for holidays and company. Thank you for sharing your Mom's delicious recipe with us Stacky5LRC!