1/3 Photos of Jolean's Baked Spam Loaf
This was a recipe of my Mom's that was a favorite to all us kids! I recently found her hand-written recipe and just had to post this (especially for Chef Bill Hilbrich who has a cookbook devoted to Spam...) When I look back on those years in the 70's when my siblings and I looked forward to this dish so much, I now realize that my Mom was just trying to "stretch her grocery budget," but how happy she must have been that we really LOVED this recipe! Funny, huh?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lay both Spam loaves side by side in glass 8 x 4 inch loaf pan.
- 2Insert 5 cloves into each Spam loaf, spaced evenly (in star shape).
- 3Mix remaining ingredients well, and spread this glaze on top of both Spam loaves (letting it drip down the sides).
- 4Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes (checking so it does not burn.).
- 5Let cool for 5 minutes, slice and remove cloves before serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jolean's Baked Spam Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 616.2
- Calories from Fat 438
- Total Fat 48.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 125.2 mg
- Sodium 2322.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 22.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: