Recipe by Johnsonville Sausage
Give your taste buds a sweet ride with this light, refreshing salad idea from Johnsonville. This salad brings together a great blend of sweet notes with plump, delicious strawberries and tart, crisp Granny Smith apples. For playful texture and balance, walnuts and feta cheese are added to fresh spring greens. Johnsonville’s Apple Chicken Sausage is the perfect compliment to an already tasty salad, bringing in a sweet/savory combo that making this meal a fantastic healthy alternative to enjoy your favorite sausages.
- 1 (6 ounce) package Johnsonville Apple Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 1 (5 ounce) packagepre-washed spring mixed greens
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 medium granny smith apple, cored and cut into chunks
- 1⁄3 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a non-stick skillet, over medium heat, lightly brown sausage. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, combine salad greens, strawberries, apple, walnuts, cheese and sausage.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, honey and oil.
- Pour over salad and toss.