Prepare this meal in minutes with Johnsonville Kielbasa. Your children will always ask for more!
Make and share this Johnsonville Skillet Mac & Cheese & Kielbasa recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) package Johnsonville Polish Kielbasa Premium Cooking Sausage, cut into 1/4 -inch slices
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- toasted breadcrumb (optional)
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, brown sausage over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, bring water to a boil.
- Add pasta, reduce heat, stir often until pasta is al dente, about 8-10 minutes. (Do not drain).
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch, milk and hot pepper sauce.
- Gradually add to pasta; cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add cheeses and sausage.
- Stir until blended and cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with crumbs if desired.