Recipe by 911spatcher
I found this in the Sunday ads this morning and plan to make this for breakfast Easter morning. Prep time does not include overnight refrigeration.
Top Review by md_parrothead
I have have been making this for our Easter brunch for the past four years. It has always been a favorite, and the best part is that leftovers can be reheated in the microwave for a quick breakfast on a busy morning.
- 1 (12 ounce) packagejohnsonville breakfast sausage links
- 6 English muffins, cut into 1 in cubes
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red pepper
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage according to package directions. Cool slightly, cut into 1/4 inch slices. Place English muffin cubes in the bottom of a greased 13x9 baking dish Drizzle with butter. Layer with sausage, cheese, onion and bell pepper. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over cheese. Sprinkle with bacon, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before baking. Uncover and bake 350 for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand.