Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is my husband's best chili recipe. We served it at our wedding and it was the first thing to go and the most requested recipe we get from friends. The longer it cooks, the better it gets. A wonderful winter dish. (We always double the recipe for leftovers)
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 48 ounces in jars or cans (drained) great northern beans
- 1 package fajita seasoning mix, mixed with
- 1 quart water
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 2 dashes garlic powder
- 5 dashes chili powder
- 3 dashes cajun seasoning
- 6 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2-1 cup 6 cheese Italian cheese blend, shredded
- Fry the sausage and drain.
- Throw everything, except the cheese, into a crockpot and cook on low for 4 hours (the longer the better) Add water if it gets too thick.
- You can also simmer this on the stove for at least 2 hours.
- Adjust seasonings and add cheese just before serving.
Wonderful chili!! It was such a cold rainy day and this just hit the spot. The house smelled wonderful and we couldn't wait for it to be done. It was even better the second day. Thank you for sharing this great chili recipe. Thanks to John also :-)
My family LOVES this recipe!!! We give it 5*s all the way!!! great for winter time!!!
I personally ate some of this chili at their wedding (I'm the sister and sis-in-law) and it is out of this world! It was the first dish I made when I got back home to North Carolina!