Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
John is the kind of house guest you appreciate having especially when he makes these wonderful Quesadillas. He served them with sliced avocados and Chipolte Chutney (Mague's Chipotle De Huasteca (chipotle Chutney)). It has a very hot, spicy, full bodied flavor that compliments these quesadillas to a Tee. Serve them hot off the pan, if cooking for two have two pans on the go. They are not the same if kept warm in the oven. Have a wee rest between servings they only take minutes to make after the veggies are cooked. Vary the vegetables if you wish--perhaps include sweet pepper, add mushrooms, use up left over vegetables. There is an endless variety of possibilities but I do love this recipe's combination. The measurements are for the finished chopped veggies. A small green salad goes nicely along side.
- 354.88 ml broccoli, finely chopped
- 354.88 ml cauliflower, finely chopped
- 3 jalapenos, finely chopped (use more or less your taste preference)
- 354.88 ml sweet onions, finely chopped
- 354.88 ml tomatoes, chopped
- 1064.65 ml monterey jack cheese, grated
- 6 large whole wheat tortillas or 9 small corn tortillas
- vegetable oil or olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 24.64 ml butter or 24.64 ml margarine
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- lemon wedge
- salsa, of your choice
- In a large, non stick, fry pan lightly sprayed with oil stir fry the broccoli, cauliflower and jalapeños for approx 7 minutes.
- Add onions continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes cook for a further 5 minutes, turning the vegetables all the while.
- Over low heat add a 1/2 tsp of butter or margarine to another pan heat one side of a tortilla, flip the tortilla over and put 3/4 cup of the veggie filling and 3/4 cup of cheese, fold over the tortilla to cover the filling, fry for a minute or so then flip to the other side and continue to fry until the cheese has melted--just a minute or so.
- Serve immediately with salsa and avocado slices with a little lemon squeezed over them.
I enjoyed this tortilla full of veggies! The avocado was a nice touch. Thanks! Made for KK's Vegetarian game.