1/3 Photos of John's Vegetarian Quesadillas
John is the kind of house guest you appreciate having especially when he makes these wonderful Quesadillas. He served them with sliced avocados and Chipolte Chutney (Mague's Chipotle De Huasteca (chipotle Chutney)). It has a very hot, spicy, full bodied flavor that compliments these quesadillas to a Tee. Serve them hot off the pan, if cooking for two have two pans on the go. They are not the same if kept warm in the oven. Have a wee rest between servings they only take minutes to make after the veggies are cooked. Vary the vegetables if you wish--perhaps include sweet pepper, add mushrooms, use up left over vegetables. There is an endless variety of possibilities but I do love this recipe's combination. The measurements are for the finished chopped veggies. A small green salad goes nicely along side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower, finely chopped
- 3 jalapenos, finely chopped (use more or less your taste preference)
- 1 1/2 cups sweet onions, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 4 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- 6 large whole wheat tortillas or 9 small corn tortillas
- vegetable oil or olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 5 teaspoons butter or 5 teaspoons margarine
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- lemon wedge
- salsa, of your choice
- 1In a large, non stick, fry pan lightly sprayed with oil stir fry the broccoli, cauliflower and jalapeños for approx 7 minutes.
- 2Add onions continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- 3Add tomatoes cook for a further 5 minutes, turning the vegetables all the while.
- 4Over low heat add a 1/2 tsp of butter or margarine to another pan heat one side of a tortilla, flip the tortilla over and put 3/4 cup of the veggie filling and 3/4 cup of cheese, fold over the tortilla to cover the filling, fry for a minute or so then flip to the other side and continue to fry until the cheese has melted--just a minute or so.
- 5Serve immediately with salsa and avocado slices with a little lemon squeezed over them.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for John's Vegetarian Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (593 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1476.9
- Calories from Fat 1051
- Total Fat 116.7 g
- Saturated Fat 58.9 g
- Cholesterol 251.4 mg
- Sodium 1499.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.0 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 72.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat tortillas