Recipe by origamifreak
My brother loves popovers and makes them about every other weekend. Our mom used to make them and they were one of our favorite breakfasts. Makes 12 large popovers - use the deep popover pans - not those wussy muffin tins!
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Grease popover pans.
- Mix the eggs.
- Add the oil.
- The idea is to mix - don't beat or you will get no action in the oven!
- Add 1/2 the milk.
- Add the salt
- put the popover pans in the oven to preheat.
- Add the flour gradually so as to avoid lumping.
- Add the remainder of the milk.
- The mix should be smooth and the consistency of heavy cream - again, don't beat.
- Fill the popover pans - we use a pitcher to do it quickly - don't want the pans to cool down!
- Bake for 15 minutes at 450°F.
- Cut the heat to 350F and bake 15 - 20 minutes or until crispy brown.