Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is one of the few things that my fiancée will let me make. It is a great meal to make for football Sundays or any time you want to try something different. John's Killer Quesadillas son muy bueno.
- Begin by grilling chopped chicken breasts in separate pan.
- Grill until meat is white on the inside.
- Use one tbsp of butter to sauté.
- While grilling chicken, chop pepper and onion into small pieces (add jalapeño if desired) Once chicken is white on the inside add the vegetables.
- Grill these with the chicken until they are browned.
- While grilling the vegetables, put a separate pan on medium heat with one tbsp of olive oil for the actual preparation of the quesadillas.
- After vegetables are done grilling, place one tortilla in the pan and top with 1/2 cup of shredded cheese and half of the chicken veggie mix.
- Place another tortilla on top of this and grill until the bottom tortilla is browned and the cheese is beginning to melt, then flip.
- Repeat step 6 on the other side once the other side is browned and cheese is melted the quesadilla is ready for serving.
- Cut into wedges and garnish with sour cream and your favorite salsa.
These were a definite hit in my house. Nice easy recipe to pull out whenever you don't feel like doing a lot of cooking.
Emeril himself couldn't have erected a more tasteful delight.