I'm not sure that I can really call this a recipe because it changes with whatever I have too much of. I usually combine zuchs and crookneck. Feel free to make changes!
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups zucchini
- 1 eggplant, in large dice
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- basil, to taste
- salt & pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- grated mozzarella cheese
- grated parmesan cheese
- Saute ground meat with celery, garlic, salt, pepper. Remove from pan and saute squash, eggplant, and green pepper until lightly browned.
- Spread vegetables in casserole, top with sliced tomatoes and basil (I use fresh, but am sure dried will be fine). Spread meat mixture over top.
- Combine tomato sauce, worcestershire and sugar together and pour over meat and vegetables. Top with grated cheeses. Bake 30 minutes at 350.