Recipe by John Clotfelter
This is a great recipe that I kind of threw together on the fly one night when I was barbequing for Erin and I. On a whim, I tried it out in the broiler and it tasted even better. It is one of the few things Erin requests that I make
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons Frank's red hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Dethaw chicken.
- combine mustard, honey, garlic, frank's red hot and wine into a mixing bowl.
- Stir until it is medium thickness.
- Carmelize onions in skillet.
- This is done by cooking them over low heat for 15 minutes with four tbsp of butter and a dash of olive oil.
- Add onions and dethawed chicken to the mustard mixture.
- Leave it in there for about ten minutes while you set the oven to broil.
- Place evenly coated chicken breasts on broiling pan make there are plenty of onions on top of them.
- Broil for three to four minutes on each side.
- Chicken is done when the meat is white in the center and the juices run clear.
- At this point add cheddar cheese to the top of each chicken breast.
- Pull out the chicken when the cheese is melted.