This is wonderful on a hot summer night. The flavours are amazing. The longer you marinade the salad the better it is...try to let it sit for 24 hours...You will not be disappointed.
- Run a fork down the cucumbers, all over, making slight indentations.
- Cut the cucumber in half, lengthwise.
- Scoop out all the seeds.
- Cut the cucumber halves into 1/8" strips.
- Peel the onion and cut lengthwise into quarters.
- Slice the quarters crosswise into thin strips.
- In a large bowl, combine cucumber and onions with lime juice, salt and sugar.
- Toss well.
- Add hot pepper flakes, olive oil, vinegar and water, toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.