Recipe by the-cat-did-it
This one is sure to be a hit with you and your family if you love garlic in your mashed potatoes. Feel free to add more garlic than the recipe calls for. This is my slightly-altered version of a recipe found at The Food Network.
Top Review by helowy
These were very yummy! I used a potato ricer to mash the potatoes, and I didn't have quite enough half and half, so I had to use some skim milk as well, but this seemed to work fine. My only caution would be to add the cream mixture gradually, as I did not end up using all the milk. Thanks John, for a yummy side dish.
- 4 lbs russet potatoes
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 6 ounces parmesan cheese, freshly-grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and dice potatoes, making sure all are relatively the same size.
- Place in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to maintain a rolling boil.
- Cook until potatoes fall apart when poked with a fork.
- Heat the half-and-half and the garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat until cream is simmering.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain off the water.
- Mash and add the garlic-cream mixture, salt, and Parmesan; stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.