2 hrs 20 mins
This is my Dad's specialty when it comes to cooking, (meaning he is only good at a few things). He got this recipe out of our local newspaper many, many years ago and over the years his had tweaked around with it and has perfected it his way. So I'll share it will you and I hope you all enjoy it like we do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 lbs veal, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons grated pasta cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs (omit cheese and garlic if using seasoned bread crumbs.)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- oil (for browning meat)
- 1Place alternative pieces of pork and veal on wooden skewers until 6 pieces are used.
- 2Mix parsley into eggs.
- 3Roll meat into flour, then egg-parsley mixture and then breadcrumbs.
- 4Brown on all sides in hot oil.
- 5Place in large baking pan and add chicken broth.
- 6Cover and bake at 325ºF for 2 hours, basting occasionally.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for John's City Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (2675 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 624.1
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 297.2 mg
- Sodium 653.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 69.5 g