Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from my fiancée's old Navy buddy while we were visiting him in California. My family loves these and we have them every time we go camping. To calm down the salsa heat I've added a few scopes of sour cream. Also during our last camping trip my fiancee mixed in to the potatoes some refried beans and scrambled eggs and this set the dish off.
- 15 ounces canned sliced potatoes
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup mild salsa (med can be used)
- 3 slices American cheese (we use white slices)
- Drain the canned potatoes.
- Place butter in frying pan over medium-high heat and melt.
- Place potatoes in frying pan and fry 5 minutes.
- Add salsa and fold until completely coated.
- Top with slices of cheese and fold until melted.
- Remove from heat and serve.
This was very easy to fix and went great with the Salsa chicken I fixed for dinner. Very cheesy! Yumm!!
I loved these and so did my family. Very quick, easy and flavorful. I am always looking for new ways to make canned potatoes. Thanks for the great recipe!