Recipe by internetnut
I got this recipe from my fiancee's old Navy buddy while we were visiting him in California. My family loves this recipe. You can substitute refrigerated or frozen shredded hashbrowns in place of the uncooked shredded potato. If you do not have a tortilla warmer you can warm the tortillas in the oven.
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded uncooked potatoes
- 5 tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup guacamole
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a frying pan.
- Place shredded potato in the frying pan.
- Fry the shredded potato until browned evenly.
- In a seprate frying pan melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
- In a bowl whisk eggs with the salt and pepper.
- Pour the seasoned eggs in to the frying pan.
- Scramble eggs until fully cooked.
- While the eggs and potato are cooking warm the tortillas in the microwave for 20 seconds in a tortilla warmer.
- Place warmed tortillas onto plates.
- Top each tortilla with 1 1/2 tablespoons scrambled eggs, 1 Tablespoon shredded cooked potato, 1 1/2 teaspoon shredded cheddar cheese, 1 1/2 teaspoon salsa, 1 teaspoon sour cream, and 1 teaspoon gaucamole.
- Note: You may want to microwave the topped tortillas for 20 seconds after adding the shredded cheddar cheese to melt the cheese.