1/1 Photo of John's Birthday Cobbler
My husband asks for this ever year for his Birthday! It's a dry dough except for the inside where the filling rests. It's almost like it's not cooked! But he loves it!!! The cobbler is reversed dough on bottom like a crust instead of on top. December 2009 I made this for DH in the food processor and it was quick and easy. In place of the buttermilk I used half and half with a teaspoon of lemon juice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly grease and flour bottom of a 11x9 pan.
- 2Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 3Cream together butter and sugar add eggs and milk.
- 4Add vanilla.
- 5Add flour 1 cup at a time to a soft dough.
- 6With floured hands press into bottom of pan and up sides.
- 7Empty filling into into dough.
- 8Bake for 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for John's Birthday Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (1292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4899.1
- Calories from Fat 1811
- Total Fat 201.2 g
- Saturated Fat 121.3 g
- Cholesterol 915.9 mg
- Sodium 3211.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 685.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.8 g
- Sugars 209.3 g
- Protein 83.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: