Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
My husband asks for this ever year for his Birthday! It's a dry dough except for the inside where the filling rests. It's almost like it's not cooked! But he loves it!!! The cobbler is reversed dough on bottom like a crust instead of on top. December 2009 I made this for DH in the food processor and it was quick and easy. In place of the buttermilk I used half and half with a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 cups flour, level not over full
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 (21 ounce) cans pie filling (blueberry and pineapple are my husband's favorites, use whatever you like!)
- Lightly grease and flour bottom of a 11x9 pan.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cream together butter and sugar add eggs and milk.
- Add vanilla.
- Add flour 1 cup at a time to a soft dough.
- With floured hands press into bottom of pan and up sides.
- Empty filling into into dough.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
I loved this Rita. Give my anything slightly doughy, cookie dough, biscuit dough...this ift the bill.....Made it with cherry and strawberry combo...Heavenly!
I don't think I will ever tire of your delicious recipes. How did you know I was craving a cobbler? This actually keeps better than most cobblers because of the doughy crust... but it only lasted for two sittings anyway. Thanks Rita and John!