1/3 Photos of John's Best Burgers
John DOH's Note:
A BBQ hamburger that has evolved over time and practice, with many ideas received along the years. Make sure you start with your meat at or near room temperature. Cooking is everything, follow the BBQ advice closely!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 177.44 ml caesar-flavor croutons (herb and garlic, crushed)
- 1 egg
- 44.37 ml bacon bits
- 29.58 ml deli prepared hot mustard
- 29.58 ml minced garlic
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml onion powder
- 44.37 ml cattleman's classic barbecue sauce
- 14.79 ml hy's seasoning salt
- 59.14 ml maple syrup
- 59.14 ml crumbled blue cheese
- mesquite wood chips, soaked
- 1Assemble ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix using a fork, until this is very well combined.
- 2Form into patties approximately 3.5" diameter, 3/4" thick, squaring the edges so that they are not overcooked.
- 3Set the patties in the fridge for one hour.
- 4Heat BBQ to high , then reduce heat on one side to minimum, the other to half capacity.
- 5Dump soaked mesquite chips on hot side of grill, allow them to come to a flame.
- 6Place burgers on the grill allowing a sear mark to develop, then rotate 90 degrees for a "thatched" appearance.
- 7Close grill hood, and allow burgers to slow cook --
- 8Flip the burgers and close the hood again.
- 9Use a meat thermomemter to prove "doneness" as rge smoke and the sugars in the ingredients will give colouring that will confuse you otherwise-aim for about 175 degrees --
- 10Served with sliced refridgerator dill pickles, garden fresh tomato slices, sliced white onion, on a toasted sourdough bun.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for John's Best Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 616.7
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 213.4 mg
- Sodium 505.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 46.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: