Recipe by JohnnyRay
A tasty recipe for fluffy flapjacks. After searching for a good pancake recipe to make a really tasty and fluffy pancake, I decided to hit the kitchen and make my own.
Top Review by CJAY
This is a bit of work but well worth the effort. The pancakes were light and fluffy. I used Hazelnut flavored coffee creamer. I topped mine with butter and syrup too. Great taste! Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
- 2 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons French vanilla flavored coffee creamer
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir dry ingredients together in mixing bowl.
- After separating egg whites for later use, blend remaining wet ingredients together allowing brown sugar to incorporate.
- Pour blended wet ingredients on top of dry mix and blend together for no more than 30 seconds.
- Whip egg whites until stiff peaks form, then fold into batter.
- Pan fry batter over medium heat until bubbles are set around the edges, flipping only once.
- Top with butter and syrup and serve piping hot.
- Makes approximately 12 - 5" Jacks.