Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A tasty recipe for fluffy flapjacks. After searching for a good pancake recipe to make a really tasty and fluffy pancake, I decided to hit the kitchen and make my own.
- Stir dry ingredients together in mixing bowl.
- After separating egg whites for later use, blend remaining wet ingredients together allowing brown sugar to incorporate.
- Pour blended wet ingredients on top of dry mix and blend together for no more than 30 seconds.
- Whip egg whites until stiff peaks form, then fold into batter.
- Pan fry batter over medium heat until bubbles are set around the edges, flipping only once.
- Top with butter and syrup and serve piping hot.
- Makes approximately 12 - 5" Jacks.
This is a bit of work but well worth the effort. The pancakes were light and fluffy. I used Hazelnut flavored coffee creamer. I topped mine with butter and syrup too. Great taste! Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
This is definitely a great improvement on the way I used to make pancakes ~ Simple & easy to make, AND absolutely satisfying topped with some real butter & a pure maple syrup! [Tagged, made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]
Thank you so much for sharing this recipe with us JohnnyRay. I really enjoyed this easy to make, quick pancake recipe. The pancakes were absolutely delish. Light, tender and fluffy, very very comforting and satisfying. I served mine with butter and icing sugar for a real treat. Made for Fall Pac - 2011.