Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
We used to have this in our commissary at work back in the 70's and all the employees loved it.
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Brown meat; add onion and green pepper.
- Cook until tender and add seasonings.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine soup, tomato paste, water and worcestershire sauce.
- Set aside.
- Cook noodles and drain.
- Place half of the noodles in a greased casserole, then half of the meat mixture, half of the sauce, and half of the cheese.
- Repeat, ending with the remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for one hour.
I love this casserole. More importantly, the boyfriend loves it, and asks for it all the time!
There is no doubt that this is good, but I think two cans of tomato soup were too much.
I found this recipe after my son came home from school talking about having it for lunch. It has become a family favorite. We have it at least 2 times a month. Thank you it taste great!!!!