1 hr 30 mins
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
I'm not a big fan of dishes that have a lot of tomato sauce (unless it's spaghetti sauce) so I was thrilled when I came across this recipe. The original recipe did not have toppings of either the canned onion rings or the Ritz Crackers combined with the butter (1 sleeve Ritz Crackers combined with 1 stick of melted butter). You may choose one or the other or not use a topping at all. This dish does make a lot so it's good dish to serve if you have a lot of people to feed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean ground beef (85/15)
- 2 onions, minced
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, Minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, Stems and Pieces, Drained
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) can black olives, Sliced and Drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, Drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese, Shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked
- 1In large heavy dutch oven combine ground meat, onions, celery and bell pepper.
- 2Saute until meat is browned then drain off any excess grease.
- 3Add garlic, mushrooms, black olives, tomatoes, cream of mushroom soup, corn, Worchestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, white pepper and cayenne pepper, mixing well.
- 4Cover and simmer over low heat about 20 minutes.
- 5Add cheddar cheese and mix well.
- 6Gently fold in cooked noodles.
- 7Pour into slightly buttered 10x14 casserole dish or two 9x9 dishes.
- 8Top with your choice of onion rings or crushed Ritz crackers combined with melted butter, if desired.
- 9Bake in 350 oven for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Johnny Marzetti
Serving Size: 1 (565 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 786.0
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 169.1 mg
- Sodium 1701.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 48.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: