Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Italian Noodle Casserole
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄3 cup chopped black olives
- 8 ounces canned mushroom slices
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 16 ounces Prego spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded Velveeta cheese
- 2 (12 ounce) packages wide egg noodles, prepared according to package
- In large skillet, saute peppers, celery, onions, and ground beef and pork in butter or margarine. Add salt. Reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in olives, mushrooms, and tomato soup. Cook 5 more minutes.
- Cook wide noodles according to directions on package. Drain noodles.
- Turn into large casserole dish or roasting pan.
- Add tomato sauce, Prego sauce and meat mixture. Gently stir until well blended. Sprinkle Velveeta cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.