Cook2 hrs 30 mins
Many years ago, Johnny had stolen this recipe from 2Bleu. Well, the law finally caught him but to save Johnny from a hangin for stealin, 2Bleu told the judge that while it was indeed their recipe, they had given it to Johnny as a gift and planned on putting his name on the cans. 2Bleu just didn't have the heart to see Johnny hangin from a noose (especially since he was secretly their cousin, twice removed). ;) Adjust the jalapeno, cayenne, and chili powder to your desired heat level. For an all-out exlusive dish, try spooning this chili over Johnny Jalapeno's 'jumpin Wagon Wheels!' Macaroni and Cheese!
- 6 ounces bacon, cut up in small pieces (use scissors works great)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cansbush's chili beans, undrained (or kidney beans)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (or Rotel)
- 0.5 (7 1/2 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped fine (FOR SUPER FIERY CHILI)
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper (FOR A MILDER CHILI)
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika (smoked is best)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (your favorite)
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- tortilla chips
- Over medium heat, brown bacon in a large dutch oven until crisp. Add beef, onions, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is cooked through.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir. Reduce heat to low and cook uncovered for 2-3 hrs, stirring occasionally, until thickened to your liking.
- Alternatively, you can let simmer for 1 hr, then let cool, refrigerate overnight and finish cooking the next day.