1/2 Photos of Johnny Jalapeno's Round-Em up Dipping Sauce (And Ham Glaze)
This thick, chutney-like sauce goes great brushed on roast chicken, grilled ribs, or shishkabobs. Great to serve centered in a deli meat platter. Decorating a baked ham with pineapple slices and cherries is nice, but if you want something different with a little kick to it, then this is the recipe for you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1DIPPING SAUCE: To a medium saucepan mix water and cornstarch until cornstarch is dissolved. Place on burner over medium low heat and add remaining sauce ingredients.
- 2Let simmer 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally until thickened. Let cool slightly and place in a food processor or use an emulsion blender to get a smooth consistency.
- 3Serve warm or cold for a meat or vegetable platter. As a glaze for grilling, simply brush on the last few minutes of grill time. For a roast chicken or turkey (whole or parts), follow glazing directions for ham.
- 4BAKED HAM: Preheat oven to 325°F Using a sharp knife, score a 3 lb pork shoulder (or other ham roast) skin 1/4" deep in a diagonal direction. Repeat about 2" apart. Now cut opposite lines to create a diamond pattern. Place about 2 tablespoons whole cloves in the points of the diamonds, pushing them into the ham.
- 5GLAZING: Remove ham 30 minutes before done and spread (or brush) about 1 cup of the sauce all over the ham. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup brown sugar and continue to bake for another 30 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven and drizzle about 1/3 cup honey over ham. Let rest 20-30 minutes before slicing. Serve with additional glaze at the table for a dipping sauce or garnish.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Johnny Jalapeno's Round-Em up Dipping Sauce (And Ham Glaze)
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.5
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 57.6 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: