1/4 Photos of Johnny Jalapeno's Ride Em Cowboy Corncakes
Like the California gold rush, cowboys ride like the wind to get to JJ's wild & crazy explosions of flavor in these corncakes. So git ya a big spoon and come dig in! You can use full flavored ingredients, we just tried to lower the calories/fat with some ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices extra lean bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapeno (or to taste)
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1BATTER: Mix all batter ingredients well (you should have about 2 cups).
- 2Heat griddle to medium and grease lightly (or use spray butter). Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto hot griddle to total 8 pancakes (do in batches if necessary).
- 3Top each equally with bacon, jalapenos, and cheddar. When bubbles begin to appear on the edges of the cakes (about 1-2 minutes and making sure the bottom is thoroughly cooked), Carefully flip them over and cook the other side (about 1-2 minutes). Do not pat down the pancakes!
- 4Flip cakes topping side up onto serving plates. Top each with the butter, picante, & sour cream. Drizzle lightly with maple syrup, and serve.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Johnny Jalapeno's Ride Em Cowboy Corncakes
Serving Size: 1 (926 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.2
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 51.5 mg
- Sodium 571.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat cheddar cheese
sugar-free maple syrup