Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
ZanieMac of the McDaniel gang was craving a good cheesecake and asked Johnny if he could make one for the gang. Johnny's English was not so good and thought he asked him to make a cheese'bake'. Johnny did his best and came up with this recipe. Great served as an appetizer platter with Tostitos, tortilla chips, corn chip scoops, or even crackers.
- 3 (8 ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce (or salsa)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime juice (or lemon juice)
- corn chips (Frito Lay Scoops)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Place a pan of water about 1" deep on the bottom rack of your oven. To a 9" sprinform pan, coat with cold butter, being sure to seal the inside bottom (like calk). Place parchment paper to fit on bottom and around the side of the pan. Place in fridge to keep cool while making the filling.
- Filling: To a stand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add remaining filling ingredients and continue beating until mixed well and smooth.
- Pour batter into the springform pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until center is just about set.
- Cool on a wire rack for about 30 minutes. Then refrigerate for at least 4 hours but overnight is best. When ready to serve, remove sides of pan and continue with topping.
- Topping: (make just before serving) Spread sour cream over top and sides. In a medium bowl, mix remaining topping ingredients. Sprinkle over top. Serve with Scoops corn chips (or Tostitos, or Doritos).