1/8 Photos of Johnny Jalapeno's Grilled Firesticks
This recipe is for those who say "This ain't hot!" This can be made using chicken, pork, or beef cubes. Make up a variety for your next cook-out! You can opt to add some pineapple chunks onto the skewer mix, but it don't tame it much, This here's some Hot K-bobs! Shhhh..... This is one of Johnny Jalapeno's secret recipes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (or parsley, use just 1 Tbsp for dried herbs)
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
Fiery Spice Blend
- 1 -2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed (or pork tenderloin or steak)
- 2 tablespoons fiery spice blend seasoning
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1SAUCE: Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend well. Season with salt and white pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- 2FIERY SPICE BLEND: Mix all ingredients and keep in an airtight container.
- 3CHICKEN: In a medium bowl (or Ziploc bag), mix chicken pieces with chicken ingredients listed. Toss to coat, cover and refrigerate 2-24 hours.
- 4Meanwhile, place the quartered jalapenos and cubed onion in a little olive oil to soak. Toss together with some salt & pepper and set aside. You can leave them loosely covered on the counter.
- 5Soak wood skewers in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning. Remove the jalapenos and onion from the oil, shaking off excess. Reserve the oil for the grill.
- 6To the skewers, place a piece of chicken, then a jalapeno, then a cubed layer of the onion (then pineapple chunks if using). Repeat to fill up skewers.
- 7Brush grill rack with reserved oil and then place skewers onto the grill about 4-6 inches away from coals and cook for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally and brushing with any remaining oil, until chicken is cooked through. Serve with sauce.
Browse Our Top South American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All South American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Johnny Jalapeno's Grilled Firesticks
Serving Size: 1 (458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.1
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 79.5 mg
- Sodium 1032.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 27.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: