Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is for those who say "This ain't hot!" This can be made using chicken, pork, or beef cubes. Make up a variety for your next cook-out! You can opt to add some pineapple chunks onto the skewer mix, but it don't tame it much, This here's some Hot K-bobs! Shhhh..... This is one of Johnny Jalapeno's secret recipes!
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (or parsley, use just 1 Tbsp for dried herbs)
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
Fiery Spice Blend
- 1 -2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed (or pork tenderloin or steak)
- 2 tablespoons fiery spice blend seasoning
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 wooden skewers
- 6 jalapeno peppers, seeded and quartered
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 fresh pineapple, cubed (optional)
- SAUCE: Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend well. Season with salt and white pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- FIERY SPICE BLEND: Mix all ingredients and keep in an airtight container.
- CHICKEN: In a medium bowl (or Ziploc bag), mix chicken pieces with chicken ingredients listed. Toss to coat, cover and refrigerate 2-24 hours.
- Meanwhile, place the quartered jalapenos and cubed onion in a little olive oil to soak. Toss together with some salt & pepper and set aside. You can leave them loosely covered on the counter.
- Soak wood skewers in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning. Remove the jalapenos and onion from the oil, shaking off excess. Reserve the oil for the grill.
- To the skewers, place a piece of chicken, then a jalapeno, then a cubed layer of the onion (then pineapple chunks if using). Repeat to fill up skewers.
- Brush grill rack with reserved oil and then place skewers onto the grill about 4-6 inches away from coals and cook for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally and brushing with any remaining oil, until chicken is cooked through. Serve with sauce.
this was really good, i made both a yogurt and a sour cream sauce, found the sour cream worked better at taming the heat. Cooked the cubes in my fry pan bc i was short of time, truly enjoyed it
This was good but I did not care for the sauce and I think it was the mint that we didn't like. The Fiery Spice Blend was perfect for us. I used this as a stir-fry and it made for a quick dinner. Thanks for sharing. Made for Healthy Choice Tag Game.
Fabulous!! The sauce alone is a winner. I was dipping tortilla chips into the sauce. Absolutely delicious. I definitely recommend using fresh cilantro. The chicken kabobs are also delicious! I loved the heat/spice. I used 1 Tablespoon of the cayenne and thought it was the perfect heat level for us. Thanks for a great grilling recipe!