1/2 Photos of Johnny Jalapeno's Fire Dumpling Soup
One of Johnny's first creations, this is a great, easy, and budget friendly comfort food that can be made up in no time flat! Be sure and look for more wonderful JJ recipes from us. If it's got jalapenos, it's Johnny Jalapeno!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups chicken broth (or stock)
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried celery flakes
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (we use habanero sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped (optional)
- 1To a medium saucepan over med-high heat, add water, chicken bullion, seasonings, and chicken if using. Bring to a gentle boil.
- 2Meanwhile, Mix all dumpling ingredients to form a thick dough.
- 3When pot is ready, drop dumplings by heaping teaspoons into simmering liquid. Do in batches, about 6 at a time. Cook, turning occasionally, for 10-15 minutes, or until dough is cooked through. the soup will thicken up to a creamy sauce as the dumplings are simmering. Serve up in a bowl and enjoy immediately.
- 4NOTE: as the liquid thickens from the batches of dumplings, simply add more water or chicken stock as needed.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Johnny Jalapeno's Fire Dumpling Soup
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.1
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 1128.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried celery flakes