Recipe by 2Bleu
Cowboys never let nothing go to waste, especially beans! Johnny's recipe is so easy and fresh tasting, you won't ever buy canned again. Johnny claims he wrote the 'Beans, Beans' song,... but Johnny,... full of tall tales and deep pots, well,.... we jest let him keep on talkin, so long as he keeps on cookin! ;)
- 3 (14 ounce) cans pinto beans, undrained (or red kidney beans)
- 3 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced (seeds and stem removed)
- 2 teaspoons adobo seasoning (or other mexican seasoning)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces cheese, shredded (queso melting cheese) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Using your food processor, purée the beans to your liking, Mix for 1 minute for a fine bean paste or use the pulse feature on your processor if you like larger pieces of beans.
- Heat frying pan with the bacon grease on medium. Saute onion, garlic, and jalapeno about 3 minutes.
- Add the adobo seasoning and beans. Season with salt to taste. Simmer for about 10 min, stirring frequently until all liquid is absorbed.
- Place on serving dish and sprinkle with cheese.