1/5 Photos of Johnny Jalapeno's Easy Refried Beans
Cowboys never let nothing go to waste, especially beans! Johnny's recipe is so easy and fresh tasting, you won't ever buy canned again. Johnny claims he wrote the 'Beans, Beans' song,... but Johnny,... full of tall tales and deep pots, well,.... we jest let him keep on talkin, so long as he keeps on cookin! ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (14 ounce) cans pinto beans, undrained (or red kidney beans)
- 3 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced (seeds and stem removed)
- 2 teaspoons adobo seasoning (or other mexican seasoning)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces cheese, shredded (queso melting cheese) (optional)
- 1Using your food processor, purée the beans to your liking, Mix for 1 minute for a fine bean paste or use the pulse feature on your processor if you like larger pieces of beans.
- 2Heat frying pan with the bacon grease on medium. Saute onion, garlic, and jalapeno about 3 minutes.
- 3Add the adobo seasoning and beans. Season with salt to taste. Simmer for about 10 min, stirring frequently until all liquid is absorbed.
- 4Place on serving dish and sprinkle with cheese.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Johnny Jalapeno's Easy Refried Beans
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.5
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 108.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 17.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: