Recipe by 2Bleu
In Spain, they have the annual 'Running of the Bulls' where they let the bulls chase the townsfolk thru the streets before the bullfight. Well, in Mexico where Johnny grew up, he was chased by 8 mexicans for talking bull! (lol). Here's Johnny's adaption of a Kraft classic. Enjoy. :)
Top Review by kailxy02
This is one of my new favorite suppers! I just used a regular box of macaroni because I didn't have the deluxe but it was very good. (I also did not have any olives) I would recommend this to anyone!
- 1 (14 ounce) package Mac n' Cheese Deluxe, dinner mix (Kraft)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning mix (one package)
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (divided)
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans (Chunky Brand)
- 1 cup taco flavor Doritos, crumbled
- 1 cup salsa (thick and chunky)
- sour cream (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F While preparing mac and cheese as directed on package, heat ground beef in a skillet. Do not drain! Add taco seasoning mix. Simmer 3-4 minutes.
- When you are finished preparing the mac & cheese, add sour cream and stir well.
- In an 8-9" baking dish, spray nonstick cooking spray. Layer in this fashion: Macaroni mixture, meat mixture, jalepenos, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, black olives, and finally the chili. Cover and bake 20 minutes.
- Uncover and add the crumbled tortilla chips, salsa and remaining cheddar cheese. Bake 5-10 more minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve with a dollop of sour cream.