Recipe by ForeverMama
For a long time these meatballs were all my husband would request whenever I was planning a party. He would tell everybody about them. Kids especially love these. I've made them many times and have served them in a crockpot to keep them nice and hot. I hope you will enjoy them as much as we have for all these years.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage (kielbasa or Jimmie Dean bulk sausage)
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 -3 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
Sauce refer to note 1
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 10 ingredients; shape into 1" meatballs; wetting your hands in-between shaping them to prevent meat from sticking to hands.
- Place in a baking pan in a single layer.
- Combine the sauce ingredients and pour over meatballs.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- NOTE # 1: For those who like extra sauce (like we do), you may want to double the sauce ingredients.
- NOTE # 2: I made the serving amount to serve about 22 people as an appetizer (about 5 meatballs a person).