1 hr 10 mins
Pan sauteed chicken breast and mushrooms reduced in a sweet marsala wine sauce, served with fresh spinach wilted in hot olive oil and garlic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) chicken breasts, butterflied
- 2 ounces butter, Melted
- all-purpose flour, as needed
- 2 cups mushrooms, Sliced
- salt and pepper
- 6 fluid ounces sweet marsala wine
- 4 fluid ounces chicken broth or 4 fluid ounces demi-glace or 4 fluid ounces beef broth
- 1/8 cup butter, Room Temperature
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, Fresh Chopped
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- salt and pepper
- 1Work area and utensils should be clean and sanitary.
- 2Cut butterflied chicken breasts into half, yielding a total of four chicken breast medllions. Place on sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F. Chicken medallions should be fully cooked, set aside.
- 3To a heated saute pan, add melted butter. Dredge chicken medallions in flour, shake off excess flour and add to saute pan. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- 4Saute chicken and mushrooms until thoroughy heated and golden brown. Add marsala wine and broth/demi-glace. Reduce by 50% and then add room temperature butter, let butter reduce into the wine/broth reduction until a thickened sauce forms.
- 5To prepare Wilted Spinach: Add olive oil and garlic to a heated saute pan. Once oil is hot and garlic starts to turn golden brown, turn off heat and add spinach salt and pepper. Toss with olive oil until it becomes warm and starts to wilt.
- 6Place wilted spinach on the side of a plate. Using tongs, remove the chicken medallions from saute pan and place next to spinach. Pour marsala sauce and mushrooms over chicken. Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Johnny Carino's Sweet Chicken Marsala With Garlic Wilted Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (643 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1062.3
- Calories from Fat 762
- Total Fat 84.6 g
- Saturated Fat 31.9 g
- Cholesterol 236.6 mg
- Sodium 689.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 53.0 g