Recipe by nightengail71
Asiago Smashed Potatoes. Although this side item is not currently on our menu, it is a great Italian version of mashed potatoes utilizing asiago cheese. Asiago cheese is an aged cow's milk cheese from Vicenza in Northern Italy. When it was on the menu a few years back, it was paired with the Prosciutto Wrapped Filet.
- 5 lbs potatoes, Red
- 12 cups olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, Chopped
- 36 fluid ounces heavy cream (3 ounces per portion)
- 12 tablespoons asiago cheese (1 tablespoon per portion)
Directions See How It's Made
- First Step - Prepare a batch of roasted rosemary potatoes:.
- Work area and utensils must be clean and sanitary.
- Thoroughly wash potatoes under water.
- Cut potatoes into 1-2 inch sized wedges.
- Toss all ingredients in a mixing bowl and place potatoes evenly on sheet trays.
- Roast in an oven at 350 Degrees F for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and have a golden brown color. Make sure to stir the potatoes halfway through the cooking process.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Second Step - 'Smash' and add sauce to the potatoes (this part of the recipe is for one side portion):.
- Place 1 cup of the the roasted potatoes into a zip-loc bag.
- Smash all of the potatoes in the bag with the heel of your hand to break up all the bigger lumps.
- To a heated saute pan, add potatoes and cream.
- Make sure that potatoes are fully heated.
- Fold in asiago cheese. (thickens quickly at this point). Place Asiago Smashed Potatoes on appropriate service piece, serve and enjoy.