the nutty crispy texture of these Pancakes contrasts with the Strawberries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Measure Cornmeal and place in heat-proof bowl. Add salt, Sugar, mix together.
- 22. Add boiling water to Cornmeal, mix together and cover with a plate or lid. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 33. In another small bowl beat together Egg, Milk, Butter.
- 44. Sift together Flour and Baking Powder.
- 55. In a larger mixing bowl combine Cornmeal and Egg mixtures until smooth. Add Flour mixture and stir just to combine, do not beat or mix together too much: just enough to blend the batter.
- 66. Spoon out 1/4 cup measures of batter onto hot buttered griddle, brown on both sides and serve with Butter, Syrup or Fresh Strawberry Sauce.
- 8Wash, trim and mash 1 pint Strawberries with a fork. Add 1-2 teaspoons Sugar or Honey. Continue mashing until desired consistency, we like to leave this sauce a little chunky but you can also puree it in a blender. Refrigerate until enjoying with Johnny Cakes.
Browse Our Top Brunch Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Johnny Cakes With Sttawberries
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.0
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 66.0 mg
- Sodium 858.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: