Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This makes more a pancake style breakfast food.
Make and share this Johnny Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces buttermilk
- 1 1⁄8 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- Combine dry ingredients & mix well.
- In separate bowl, combine eggs & milk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Drizzle in butter.
- Ladle 2 oz on to hot griddle.
- Flip as you would a pancake, and finish cooking.
- Top with maple syrup or your favorite fruit.