Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Corn bread from my dad's youth. Served warm and it is delicious with chili and hearty soups.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal or 1 cup white cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- stir cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- add eggs, mix together.
- stir in corn, oil and sour cream.
- pour into a greased 8x8 inch cake pan.
- bake 400 degs for 25 minutes until brown.
I absolutely love this cornbread! It is ever so moist, and not at all sweet, so it's excellent with a meal like chili. However, I do like to drizzle honey or maple syrup over top upon serving. Delicious!